Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Hope Tanudisastro

Seven years. Two degrees. A full-ride scholarship. I am on my way to pursuing a double major in computer science and medicine and hope to be part of the future healthcare revolution. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

I have been at SAS for seven years and it is my relationships with my family, counselors, teachers, and my peers that have shaped me into the person I am today. I'm thankful for a supportive community because it has influenced my priorities and my values. The SAS Eagle family has given me great confidence and assurance that I'm ready for everything that life sends my way.

At SAS, I was able to have the freedom and the resources to seek out and passionately follow my interests. Many discussions and lots of inquiry later, I had the opportunity to use an Independent Study block to pursue computer science along with around 20 peers – a highlight of my SAS journey.

Dabbling in debate and service (Executive Service Council, Peer Support, Growing A Future Organization, and tutoring through National Honor Societies), and joining SAS's inaugural CyberPatriot team which competed nationally in the US, built lots of brain muscle. Backed by SAS's academic rigor through courses like AP Physics C and AP Calculus, these activities were instrumental in enhancing my proactive thinking, creativity, and organization skills.



from Singapore American School http://ift.tt/2eM3hEo

No comments:

Post a Comment