Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Jessica Zhu

I'm headed to New York University, USA.

As with everything in life, once I'd overcome an obstacle, I'd discover another waiting in the wings. SAS has taught me to give it my all and strive for the best. Attending a large school with so many capable, talented students means that each student really has to push hard and try their best if they want to stand out. Running for officer positions or trying out for sports teams is extremely competitive and inspires you to put your best foot forward. After high school, the world only gets bigger and the number of capable individuals surrounding you only increases – the only way to succeed and achieve what you want is by being competitive.

Looking back, every badminton season was especially tough for me. Every player was constantly improving and there were always several other girls fighting for the same position that I wanted. It required a lot of mental and physical strength to keep going and striving for my goal. I struggled, and at times, I just wanted to break down and give up. But, I pushed on and made it. Getting the coveted spot was only half the battle. Playing for first doubles was hard. The games at IASAS were harder than any other I had played. I am really proud of who I've become as a person. Over the years, I've become very determined, ambitious and, I like to think, strong.

As I study game design at NYU it will combine two of my predominant passions – art and video games. Ever since I can remember, I've been glued to my colored pencils and video game consoles, so this seems like a dream career.



from Singapore American School http://ift.tt/2h1Nphp

No comments:

Post a Comment