Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Iñaki Hew

I'm headed to Queen's University, Canada.

Keen to play competitive soccer at the university level, I am pretty excited to be playing for the Gaels at Queen's University in Canada. Going to Queen's is very special to me because it's where my father and uncles went; and the Smith School of Business at Queen's has an acceptance rate of four percent.

Even as I look forward to starting this new journey, I know that I will miss IASAS events the most. Being an SAS Eagle at IASAS is truly an opportunity and privilege I treasured during my time at SAS.

In my three years at SAS it is the students and teachers who have had the strongest impact on me. When I first moved to Singapore, making friends was a huge challenge. However, the diversity at SAS offers a fantastic mix, giving me an opportunity to overcome shyness. A special shout out to Mr. Mackinnon from my junior year – an amazing mentor, a great friend, and a reliable advisor, who inspired me to push my mental and physical limits, and achieve what I had set out to do.

Learning time management skills – juggling school work, club work, and soccer, has prepared me for college life...or so I like to think!




from Singapore American School http://ift.tt/2eMy1oI

No comments:

Post a Comment