Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Roopal Kondepudi

I'm headed to University of Southern California, USA.

Moving to SAS as an eighth grader was tough! I hadn't attended an American school since second grade and it took me over a year and a half to find friends, and figure out how I wanted to make the most of my experience at SAS.

Five years down the line, I am on my way to USC on a full-ride scholarship as a Trustee Scholar and a Viterbi Fellow. SAS does a great job of identifying and fostering students' strengths. I was encouraged to pursue my interests, whether it was starting a club, or meeting with Dr. Fahrney to approve a GIN conference. The variety of classes, clubs, and the diversity of interests at SAS allows nearly every student to find their niche.

SAS is a place I can call my own. What I'll miss most is the privilege of being a student to some of the best teachers. Walking into my counselor's room for a quick chat, heading over to the communications office to pitch a story idea, Ms. Goode's classes and mentorship, and Ms. Zuber Meehan, my biggest advocate and an inspiration in herself – these are the people and moments I will miss most.

At USC, I'm looking forward to the sheer opportunities that exist in college. I was accepted to every school I applied to, including Caltech, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, Harvey Mudd, and Northwestern University. At nearly every University of California I was offered the Dean's or Regent's Scholarship. I ended up choosing USC because compared to other schools, I'll have more freedom to figure out exactly what I want to do, and because I'll graduate from college debt-free.



from Singapore American School http://ift.tt/2tYqrsJ

No comments:

Post a Comment