Monday, June 25, 2018

Andrea Horn

I'm headed to Tufts University, USA

Eleven Advanced Placement classes. Cranking out art pieces week after week. Endless hours practicing after school sports. SAS taught me to understand my potential and my limits andhow far I could challenge myself. It taught me to be realistic and prioritize my tasks.

My track coaches have been my biggest inspirations. In four years of varsity track, I was lucky to have met adults that truly care about their team, not just as athletes, but as people. Mr. Shriner, Mr. Moineau, and Mr. Coppell would put in countless hours for us on top of what their coaching positions entailed.

While at SAS, I learned to explore life beyond my comfort zone. The academic environment seemed overwhelming at times, but taking that leap to participate and speak up changed my entire high school experience. I dabbled in debate, joked around with teachers I used to cower from, and was the president of Special Olympics, a service club that teaches swimming to those with special needs. Overcoming my shyness allowed me to develop relationships I didn't expect to have and to gain more confidence in myself.

With its unique offering, combining elements of a liberal arts college with that of a research university, Tufts' emphasis on interdisciplinarity will make it easy for me to study history and anthropology. I'm excited to have the opportunity to take courses in subjects that weren't offered in high school.



from Singapore American School https://ift.tt/2yLrpk6

No comments:

Post a Comment