Monday, June 25, 2018

Faisal Halabeya

I'm headed to Boston University, USA

At SAS, I learned to teach myself. Classes here are both challenging and independent, it's extremely rewarding to find out what I know and what I don't on my own and then go out and ask those specific, clarifying questions. This skill will serve me well in the self-driven environment of college.

While I am officially undecided, I'd like to pursue a double major in physics or math and history. Of course, I'm also open to completely changing my mind and can't wait to see what opportunities I'll discover in college. College is going to be vastly different. While I will live on campus, that campus

is not as isolated from the outside world as our lives are here. I look forward to more free time and more opportunities, unsettling as this change appears to be.

My teachers have been patient and kind; my counselors have shown me ways to be more in tune with myself and to convey my identity successfully; and my friends have always been there for me through the years.

It's hard to boil down my experiences into one defining achievement, but at the end of the day, I am most proud of having been able to secure my future for the next four years. Applying to and affording college, and generally knowing where I would be in a year's time has been a defining challenge during my senior year.



from Singapore American School https://ift.tt/2tCo2pB

No comments:

Post a Comment