Monday, June 25, 2018

Chloe Shin-Gay

I'm headed to University of Toronto, Canada

Failure isn't the end. In moments when you're struggling and working hard, and end up falling short, sometimes it seems like the world will end. But you have got to keep moving. At SAS, I am most proud of how far I have come as a musician. When I started, I viewed music as a casual thing, not really practicing or working hard. Since then, I've spent hours and hours on the clarinet and in band class, and have been able to participate in IASAS Cultural Convention, among other music festivals.

I worked on the SpaceLab team to send an experiment to space—what an amazing accomplishment! Besides all the payload-related issues, I had to deal with a group of members with extensive and incredibly different commitments. Now with our experiment miles above orbiting earth, it all seems worthwhile.

Mrs. Began has inspired me throughout my high school career with her unending enthusiasm and drive for service. She's incredibly knowledgeable in her science, and sets an example for girls like me who hope to find a future ourselves in STEM.

I am passionate about STEM and plan to study engineering, especially Machine Intelligence or Aerospace Engineering. At the University of Toronto, I look forward to new opportunities, new classes and clubs, and just the chance to live in a very different country.



from Singapore American School https://ift.tt/2yBH2dH

No comments:

Post a Comment