Monday, June 25, 2018

Chris Hong

I'm headed to Rice University, USA

Until I moved to SAS in my sophomore year,

I'd never attended a school where the primary language of instruction was English. I struggled with the language when I first moved here, but I tried really hard to make non-Korean friends and use English even around my Korean friends in order to overcome it. The diversity at SAS provides a very unique environment for one to learn and grow.

I will miss sports. Soccer and track and field season in specific made for a lot of unforgettable memories. I learned that actively participating in activities that I love, not only makes my life more enjoyable, but also gives me the opportunity to make a lot of new friends. SAS also offered a strong foundation in the STEM fields—especially mathematics and physics.

At college, I plan to study physics, thanks to Mr. Crawford who was instrumental in developing my interest in the subject. His passion for the subject helped change my world view and led to a keen interest in the field. Rice University is known to have one of the strongest STEM programs.

The environment, opportunities in Texas for STEM students, and the overall campus vibe helped me make the decision. I'm really looking forward to living in a dormitory. I've always lived with my parents my entire life, and I can't wait to see what this new adventure brings!



from Singapore American School https://ift.tt/2lvg125

No comments:

Post a Comment